6.26.2009

Show Us Where You Live Fridays - The Bedroom

First and foremost-please forgive any piles you see in these pictures. I am a chronic pile-er (new word?), and it's just how I sort and organize things. I am in pre-school mode and have piles EVERYWHERE. Organization (in the non-piling way) is on my to-do asap list!

A view of the bed. It's pretty comfy.

Probably my favorite part of the room-I got these prints from a book and framed and matted them and hung them in a grid. I still can't choose my favorite one...

I've had this chair for quite a while now. It was a thrift store find, and I wish I had a before picture. It lived it's past life as a lovely old gold velvet number. I had it recover in a blue-green print and love it more than ever!

I painted this dresser last summer. I was "inspired" by a lovely piece with a hefty price tag at one of my favorite furniture stores. Since I'm only recently employed (and probably couldn't have justified the price tag anyways), I decided to give an old dresser a similar look. I couldn't be happier with the results.

I'm off to bake a 4th of July cake. I know it's a week early, but I'll be traveling to the beach for the 4th, so I have to bake while I can. Will and I are headed to Mountain Home for the weekend, so I'll probably bring my goodies with me. We can feast while watching the annual fireworks show tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Love your bedroom! It looks very calm and peaceful!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Excellent do it yourself project. Very nicely done. great room.

Heather said...

Great room!! I love your decor and the colors that you use!! Everything is so pretty!

Ashley said...

I LOVE your curtains!!! You did a great job, thank you for sharing.