10 15 Countdown of Our Weekend in Chicago
I just couldn't stop at 10...
15. Train rides to and from the city. I love people-watching, and this is the prime spot to do it! Just be sure not to get caught...
Will and Sean headed to the city
Ready for the city
14. The Hancock Building was the ONLY thing Will wanted to do in the city. How could I not let him go to the top???
13. The Northface store. I'm hoping for a rainy day soon, so I can sport my new rain jacket.
12. Delightful shopping at some of my favorite spots - J. Crew and Anthropologie (nothing beats shopping in a big city--if only we had these here)
11. Touring Mikki and Sean's neighborhoods - Naperville and Wheaton. I think they are so charming I might want to move there...
10. Driving around town and house-shopping (for pretend, that it).
I'll take it!
snow + a cottage = absolute perfection!
9. Stuffed pizza - need I say more???
8. Taking pictures with my new camera. Because Mikki and I are both new-found photographers (she more than me), we stopped to take in a lot of the sights.
view from the top of the Hancock Building
7. For months, Will has been wanting to find a hobby that we do together. When I asked what he meant by this, he replied, "Well, you know how people say "Jane and Sam are always hiking," we need something like that." I laughed out loud, but he persisted. I think our new hobby might just be traveling. He is a master packer/travel organizer; I handle the shopping and eating. It works! I think his search is over. Praise the Lord!
6. Great food! You know it's one for the record books, when half the pictures are of the food...
5. A great sandwich shop in Wheaton - not quite as good as Stonemill, but it was definitely a close second.
4. Chicago Dog - this one is solely for Will. I don't think I'd be a fan.
There's nothing better than an airport hot dog!
3. A perfectly sunny day for some shopping and sight-seeing in the city with Will.
2. Homegoods - Never have I ever been to a more chock-full-of-goodness store in my life. I am a convert and anxiously await my return.
1. Mikki and Sean - Time spent with good friends is always a recipe for greatness. I am so blessed by our friendship, and Will and I loved spending the weekend with them! Thanks for having us!
Good byes are always hard, but leaving with such happy hearts certainly made the rainy/snowy flight home sweeter!