8.13.2009

Changes....and a Classroom!

A lot has happened in the last week. Kate had a birthday, Mik and Sean left for Wheaton, Mel left for MO (and got a blog), and I got my classroom looking good (finally...). Most importantly, I discovered that I'm not very good with change. However, I'm looking on the bright side and loving life and embracing the newness! Since my creativity is all zapped at the moment, I thought I'd share a few pictures to keep you in the know.

Last Best Friends' Lunch at Stonemill (miss you Caroline)

I don't know how they will stay in business with some of their best customers moving or heading to work...

Since June Bug was packed and ready to head, Mel decided to limber up before the long drive.

Annie and I had a lovely time at Anna's wedding. It was a sight! And ran into my girl-crush Caroline! Oh how I've missed her!!!

Caroline, Rachel, and me at Mik and Sean's going away party

Will showed up in style for the shin-dig.

Same picture--just swap Mik for Rachel for this one.

Buddies
Blake and Amy leave Monday (tears). I'm just ready for all this moving and shaking to be over with already. Let the road trips begin...

On to a happier note-my classroom just may be finished (almost, at least)! I must say that it is a huge relief! Let me take you on a little tour

Come on in!


All lovely sewing projects should be attributed to my dear ole mom! I don't know how she does it, but I need to learn. Maybe over Christmas...

A view of the whole she-bang (let's just say hanging paper lanterns is not an easy task)

The math wall

I know you're feeling smarter already...let's keep going!

A cozy little book nook! Mel modeled this earlier...

My desk area is lacking personality, but just wait til I get a few pictures around there.

Let's hope all the little kiddos stay on GREEN all year (dun, dun, dun...)

Who knew I would have my own overhead? (Or that people still used them??)

Just a little organization

and more...

Book baskets just waiting to be looked through.

Whoops! Will must have fallen asleep from all that working...

A cozy reading spot-thanks to Will's momma and dad!

Hopefully, we'll learn and USE the character traits all year long!

You're probably getting hungry, so we'll wrap this tour up.


Thanks for coming along on the tour. Feel free to leave your tips by the door!


No comments: